Director’s Update – John Marshall, Fuels Safety Program
In this episode of Safety Matters, TSSA’s Director of Fuels Safety John Marshall joins host Greg Kerr to talk about new developments and current issues in the fuels sector.
- Seasonal safety issues, conscious of carbon monoxide and mitigating those risks with annual maintenance of fuel-fired appliances (0:38-1:07);
- International Conference on Carbon Monoxide (CO) Risk Management to raise the profile of CO, share best practices and present it as a public health risk (1:17-3:56);
- Addressing risks with fuel-burning equipment through Special Buildings/Commercial Establishment projects; next phase with food service industry/Restaurants Canada as well as ongoing partnerships with the Ontario Retirement Communities Association and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care; cyclical audits of fuel contractors (4:09-8:24);
- The fuels safety/CO connection with TSSA’s 2016 Safety Award winner (8:49-11:39); and
- Success of TSSA workshops on new fuel safety codes; more in the coming months for Natural Gas/Propane; best safety wishes for the holidays (11:59-14:38).
You might also like
UPDATE… In 2015, Ontario’s Ministry of Government and Consumer Services introduced amendments to the regulatory requirement that retail employees assembling propane and natural gas BBQs and other outdoor fuel appliances
Public education is an important component of TSSA’s public safety mandate, particularly in the Fuels and Elevating Devices program areas. (Think carbon monoxide and propane safety in the former; elevators,