Director’s Update – Mike Adams, BPV/OE Safety Program
In this episode of Safety Matters, TSSA’s Director of Boilers and Pressure Vessels and Operating Engineers Mike Adams joins host Greg Kerr to talk about new developments and current issues in the BPV/OE sector.
- Safety is an owner’s responsibility too; Chief Engineer endorsement (0:36-4:32);
- BPV/OE and safety behind the scenes (4:45-7:23);
- Regulatory review for BPV, next steps and beginning of OE Expert Panel (7:39-14:18);
- TSSA and the Government of Ontario’s Open Data Initiative (14:26-17:21);
- Syllabus change for 4th Class Operating Engineers (17:27-19:00); and
- Nuclear expansion with Darlington and Bruce Power Plants (19:15-20:36).
New Ways to Connect:
You might also like
Public consultations related to TSSA’s voluntary safety guidelines for Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) Systems in Ontario were initiated April 14 when OE Safety Bulletin #OE-001-16 was posted to TSSA’s website.
The Ontario Court of Justice in Ottawa levied a record $400,000 fine plus a mandatory 25% victim surcharge for a total penalty of $500,000 against Calypso Water Park, an Ottawa